Inflation has made a comeback. The central banks, whose job it is to keep prices stable, have been caught on the hop. In many parts of the world, inflation rates of up to 10% are something that individuals and businesses have not experienced since the 1970s or 1980s. At the moment, inflation is slowing, but it won't disappear as quickly as it arrived. A good reason to take a closer look at inflation and examine the topic from different perspectives.
From the content:
- The beginning of a new era: inflation rates are higher than they have been for a long time and central banks are reacting. What will happen next?
- Recipes against inflation: Are the tried and tested means of fighting inflation still effective?
- How are inflation forecasts made?
- How the head of purchasing of the Liechtenstein food producer Hilcona deals with horrendously increased purchase prices.
- Is it possible to determine personal inflation?
- Inflation is difficult for investors, there is no easy protection
- For this issue, we asked Susanne Lebrument, Lead Director of media group Südostschweiz, to reveal her best and worst investment.